Logistics offers job seekers many opportunities. Due to the current Quebec labour shortage, many companies have open positions.
If you’re looking for a job, you should know that logistics has positions to suit all tastes. Here’s an overview of the jobs most in-demand at the moment.
1. Driver (truck driver)
Drivers are required for many types of jobs. In the field of logistics, the main task of truck drivers is generally to transport goods from point A to point B.
Jobs for drivers who transport people by bus or taxi also exist, but in this article we’ll focus the truck driver position.
Truck driver – main tasks
- Inspect goods when they are loaded onto the truck to ensure that they comply with existing laws and safety standards.
- Transport goods from point A to point B.
- Unload the goods on arrival.
- Have the necessary documentation for the transport of the goods.
- Ensure that the truck is compliant and safe.
Truck driver – required skills
Being a truck driver isn’t always easy. In addition to busy schedules and long working days, a truck driver must:
- Love performing diverse tasks.
- Have an excellent driving record.
- Be careful.
- Be courteous.
- Be able to adapt to road and weather conditions.
- Be alert.
- Demonstrate autonomy.
Truck driver – salary in 2022
In Quebec, the average annual salary for truck drivers is $60,467 in 2022.
2. Forklift operator
A forklift operator, sometimes called a forklift driver, works primarily in a warehouse environment where they are responsible for loading and unloading various goods for safe storage.
Forklift operator – main tasks
- Load and unload goods from vehicles.
- Move the goods safely to the storage point.
- Stack the goods according to the inventory.
- Carry out a daily check of the equipment, including the forklift.
- Ensure that the goods transported and the equipment used meet the quality standards in effect.
- Identify damage or report quality-related deficiencies.
Forklift operator – required skills
For most jobs, you’ll need forklift operation training. There are also other requirements, depending on the company, such as:
- Being able to lift heavy loads.
- Having good coordination.
- Being physically fit.
- Being able to work safely and identify potentially problematic situations.
- Being attentive to detail.
- Being thorough.
- Having a high school diploma.
Forklift operator – salary in 2022
In Quebec, the average annual salary for a forklift operator is $36,075 in 2022.
3. Warehouse clerk
Warehouse clerks are always in high demand in the logistics field. They mainly work in a factory, on a production site or in a warehouse.
Warehouse clerk – main tasks
- Move goods received.
- Prepare items and orders for shipment.
- Count and sort products to be transported.
- Take the inventory of the warehouse.
- Check the quality or quantity of a product.
Warehouse clerk – required skills
- Be in good physical condition.
- Be able to lift heavy loads at times.
- Be resourceful and independent.
- Have good dexterity.
- Be thorough.
- Be able to perform some repetitive tasks quickly.
- Have a high school diploma.
Warehouse clerk – salary in 2022
The average annual salary for a warehouse clerk in Canada is $41,665 in 2022.
4. Production day labourer
Working as a day labourer is an ideal way to get started in the field of logistics since the position doesn’t require any special skills.
Production day labourer – main tasks
Production day labourer tasks are very diverse. They may include:
- Cleaning, assembling, or moving equipment.
- Assisting other departments or employees.
- Assisting workers with more specialized tasks.
Production day labourer – required skills
- Be flexible.
- Be hardworking.
- Be attentive.
- Be physically fit.
- Be conscientious.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Be able to work alone and in a team.
Production day labourer – salary in 2022
In Canada, the average annual salary for a production day labourer is $46,641 in 2022.
The dispatcher/supervisor is a logistics expert. Their main objective is to optimize production processes while ensuring worker safety.
Dispatcher/supervisor – main tasks
- Establish delivery routes.
- Maintain direct contact with drivers through a radio system or by answering calls from truck drivers on the road.
- Collaborate with management and solve customer problems to meet their needs.
- Monitor sudden changes in routes, road construction periods and weather conditions to modify routes as needed and deliver goods on time.
Dispatcher/supervisor – required skills
- Have a high school diploma.
- Be able to work flexible hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Have good knowledge of the roads in the area.
- Be able to work in a team and under pressure.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Dispatcher/supervisor – salary in 2022
In Quebec, the average annual salary for a production supervisor is $65,252 in 2022, while it’s $57,392 for a dispatcher.
Laisser un commentaire
Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiquée avec *